Sascha Darlington nominated me for a Liebster. Thank you so much, Sascha!
- Post the award on your blog.
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions assigned to you.
- Nominate 11 deserving bloggers for the award.
- Ask 11 questions to your nominees.
Here are the questions:
1. What’s the first book you remember reading and/or liking?
The Bluest Eyes by Toni Morrison
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
I’ve read so many of the classics as a child. They’ve all had some impact on me. But I would have to say Toni Morrison’s The Bluest Eyes stands out vividly. I read her novel when I was eleven-years-old. I remember the emotions I felt for the character and her personal struggles as a young black child growing up in a racist society. It’s been a while since I’ve read this book and I may have to revisit its pages. And of course, being born in Monroeville, Alabama, Harper Lee’s hometown, reading To Kill A Mocking Bird was mandatory in my family. I adored her style of writing and wish she had written more novels in her lifetime.
2. Has a book ever impacted you so much that you felt yourself change because of it? If so, what book?
I believe every book has made some impact, whether consciously or unconsciously. I have read so many, and I’m sure they have impacted not only my writing style but also the way I perceive the world. I cannot name just one. But off the top of my head – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist, and Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love would be amongst the list.
Eat, Pray, Love
3. Is there a book that you’ve ever shared because you thought it was so good and were disappointed that others didn’t get it like you did?
Yes! I am a big fan of A.S. Byatt’s novels. I recommended Possession: A Romance to one friend who just didn’t like the style and couldn’t make it through the book. I realized she was more about easy reading, not complex plots. Not everyone has the same taste.
4. Have you ever wanted to write a book? If so, what genre?
Yes. I’ve written two books, By Chance and Chasing Victoria. I love suspense/thrillers and supernatural thrillers. If I could write like Anne Rice, I’d be thrilled.
5. Who’s the one writer (or more if there are others) whose books you make sure you read as soon as they’re released?
Wow . . . Anne Rice, Nicholas Sparks, Judy Bloom, the list goes on.
6. What’s your favorite hobby?
Running, Yoga, Writing, Cooking
7. When you travel, where do you like to go? Do you have a dream place that you want to visit?
Living in New York City, I’m always craving natural surroundings, the mountains, and ocean. So, if I travel it has to be away from congested cities. Hawaii is an ideal place or even Colorado, just some place pristine and magical. I’m dying to visit British Columbia and all its natural wonders. I’ve travelled to Europe (France, Ireland, and Italy) and would love to revisit one day.
8. What do you think is one thing that people would be surprised to know about you even if they know you extremely well?
Hmmm . . . I love watching horror flicks and can’t get enough of the Walking Dead series. Anything that gets my adrenaline flowing holds my attention. I love Guillermo Del Toro’s movies: Pan’s Labyrinth, The Devil’s Backbone, Blade, The Strain, and Crimson Peak.
9. What’s the last thing that you saw and thought was incredibly beautiful?
The last thing I saw that was incredibly beautiful was the image of a crescent moon and the North Star over crisp, dark blue dawn in Central Park during my morning run.
10. What’s the last thing that made you laugh?
A very close friend always makes me laugh with her witty humor about life
11. What do you do to make yourself feel calm and less stressed?
Hit the trails for a long run, or a long yoga session.
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES
- Do you have a summer reading list? And if yes, what are you currently reading?
- How do you discover your books?
- Who are your favorite authors?
- What is your e-reading device of choice? Or do you prefer a paperback/hardcover?
- Have you ever wanted to write a book? If so, what genre?
- What is the greatest joy of writing for you?
- Describe your desk?
- Where did you grow up, and how did this influence your writing?
- What inspires you to get out of bed each day?
- What’s your favorite hobby?
- What do you think is one thing that people would be surprised to know about you even if they know you extremely well?
- Moscoso @ Animos Bones
- Kim Knight @ Kim Knight Author
- Eddaz @ Eddaz
- Kamakhya @ The New Leaf 2016
- Acire @ Scribes Canvas
- Maremma Gee @ Tales of Fantasy and Adventure
- Belinda @ My World With Words
- Sumyanna @Sumyanna Writes
- Jeffrey @ Quas Production
- There Are No Strangers Blog
- Emotional Spaces