Finally!

A Book Cover - Kalorama Road O For Rose 12-21-2017 scaled

I’ve been away, but not gone entirely, thoroughly engrossed in my characters, it was an effort that required any extra time I had left in a busy, chaotic life. Finally, I’m done with my third novel, Kalorama Road, titled initially, A Blog Affair. Much like marathon training I’d done over the years, the novel required effort, dedication, and diligence until I reached the finish line. And much as I feel after preparing and running a race, I’m happy it’s over, but wishing for more.

Excerpt from Kalorama Road

I’m not afraid to die. I’ve always believed I would die young. But not this soon, not here, not tonight, and not by those hands. Surrounded by tattered, aromatic petals, a dark silhouette watches my naked, bleeding flesh. I tilt my head, an eternally engraved image, a tormenting ghost—an inescapable, haunting memory. Sweet, soft, rose petals, a lifelong obsession. How Ironic. Maybe what we cherish is near at death, some sign of mortality, some hint of what we become . . . A cold breeze scented with roses, an invisible trail across dark soil, awaiting discovery. Finally, he’s here . . .

Kalorama Road is now available on Amazon.com

Advertisements

21 Comments Add yours

1. O.D. says:

That excerpt has me hooked 😀

Liked by 1 person

1. O.D. Thanks for the reblog!! I’m glad you liked the excerpt. It’s a little cryptic, but I hope it pulls the reader in. 🙂

2. Hi there! Welcome back. Congratulations on releasing the novel, it looks brilliant. The trailer is amazing too. 🙂

Liked by 2 people

1. Thanks L.A.! I’m glad to be back. Missed my WordPress family. Your book looks awesome as well! Are you working on another novel, Novella, or short story?

Liked by 1 person

1. I’m pleased to see you return. 🙂 Thank you so much! I’m planning on releasing a short story collection very soon. I’m also working on a novel (that I plan on being a series), that follows on from my released novella. Aside from that, always working on short stories and just started a YouTube channel. How about you?

Liked by 1 person

2. I’ll check out your work and YouTube channel. I’m taking a little break to do some promotion of the book then I plan to continue with short stories. A novel takes so much out of me.

Liked by 2 people

3. Thank you very much. That sounds like a good plan. I hope everything goes well. 🙂

3. narutomath96 says:

Oh, it’s so great to see you return here, especially with your novel too, and the excerpt sounds thrilling 😀 Wish you enjoy the best time ever in this New Year, and I really look forward to your sharing in the future 🙂

Liked by 2 people

1. It great to see a familiar blogger! Thank you so much and I hope 2018 has started out fabulously for you! Looking forward to your wonderful post in 2018!!

1. narutomath96 says:

Yes, thank you very much, I truly hope so too ^^ Let’s have a memorable year with our best!!

2. narutomath96 says:

Hi, it has been a while. If you still have time, I hope you can check out the list of nominees at https://daodat22121996.wordpress.com/2018/03/03/the-sunshine-blogger-award/ and if possible, I really love to know your answers. Thank you, and have a good time ^_^

Liked by 1 person

3. Hi! I just got the chance to see the post! Congratulations and thanks for choosing me. My site is blog free but I’m thrilled you thought of me. 🙂

4. narutomath96 says:

Yes, absolutely. It’s my pleasure and I truly appreciate your posts on the site, so I really want to nominate you this award right from my first thought ^_^

Liked by 1 person

4. Congratulations on the book, Denise! Love the excerpt. Heading to Amazon now to take a look. 🙂
    –Michael

Liked by 1 person

1. Michael, thank you!!! And I hope you enjoy the book. How’s your writing going?

5. Reblogged this on e. michael helms and commented:
    Author E. Denise Billups releases new book!

1. Michael, thank you so much for the reblog!!!

6. So thrilled for you, Denise. I hope you much success – this book sounds great.

Liked by 1 person

1. Jina, thank you so much!! I’m just happy to be done so I can move on to another project. How’s your writing going?

Liked by 1 person

1. like the marathon that never ends.