Depth of Your Knowledge

Depth of your KnowledgePhoto:Courtesy of Pinterest.com

I ponder the depth of your knowledge

Rooted firmly in place like an old wizard

Centuries of wisdom spiraling your trunk

Age ringing true beneath your bark

Your glorious crown nourished  root deep

Stand tall above it all

Enchanted limbs twist and turn

Collecting knowledge through time

If only you could speak what secrets you’d reveal

The profundity of which shan’t be told

To us, who cannot hear your story

Copyright Icon

11 Comments Add yours

1. Sumyanna says:

Wonderful poem!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you! I like your work as well!

Liked by 1 person

1. Sumyanna says:

Thank you very much.

2. HarlemATL says:

Not sure where to start. I’m somewhat speechless. (Cloud bubble to self… She has such a beautiful mind)

Liked by 1 person

1. HarlemATL, thank you! I’ve read your work and I have to reciprocate. Your words are strong and thought provoking. Thank you for the wonderful words!

Liked by 1 person

1. HarlemATL says:

Bless you Mother… I truly appreciate the experience of your spirit. I meant to reach out weeks ago (if not months) but didn’t feel worthy, to do so. Your craft leaves me standing still… Your polished style touched me from a distance. I stood up and applauded, mentally saying, “Bravo”, after reading your word prompt for “Carving”.

I whispered to myself, “when I grow up I want to be able to write like that”. Your usage of “Clock” blew me away. How you never had to mention the word, the image alone was enough. As for this piece, “Depth of Your Knowledge ” the image alone made me first think of the saying, “can’t see the forest for the trees”. To me I can see the Anuk of Ausar embeded along with the eye of Ra within the symbol of Tao. The illumination… Scratch a place in my heart.

I can’t look you in your eyes because I see you. Your honor is mine to cherish.

Hotep!

Harlem,

Heaven is at the foot of Mother…

Liked by 1 person

2. Oh my gosh. I’m blushing! Thank you. I don’t know if I deserve such praise, but I’ll take it graciously as my mother taught me to do. 🙂 You are quite the poet even in your comments to others. I have to say, you certainly surpassed me in profundity.

Liked by 1 person

3. HarlemATL says:

You are her reflection…. Your mother has raised you well; nurturing your gift with the purpose to share with others.

You deserve more than any praise. Please excuse my cheap/poor version of your gift and insight.

The format/style for today’s daily prompt will be inspired by you. It germinates the ability to be creative and to think outside of the box. Trust, I will do better moving forward.

I thank your mother for bring you into this world in our time of need. Thank you for all that you do Denise and like I said before, I see you. (Always)

Harlem,

Heaven is at the foot of Mother….

Liked by 1 person

4. HarlemATL says:

I know your busy and already have done one but still… https://harlematl.com/2016/08/07/2016-versatile-blogger-award/

Liked by 1 person

5. HarlemATL thank you for nominating me. I think you deserve the thunder and the praise. I’m going to sit this one out. 🙂

6. HarlemATL says:

Bless you Mother… I overstand and I thank you even more.

Liked by 1 person