Breathe . . . Breathe

Yoga cropped

Anxiety has me bottled up inside, out of sorts and itching for an outlet

I disrobe for another sphere, bare feet firmly planted, toes wide

I straighten my stance as I salute the universe

sun pose, breathe

downward dog, breathe

upward dog, breathe

proud warrior, breathe

mind and body one, all air

I breathe, stretch, and bend, contorting limbs formidably

I breathe a calmer breath and I do it all over again

with a trickle of sweat, I cannot catch

rolling supremely down my brow

dark spots splotch purple mat

limbs quiver and quake

breathe . . . breathe

Asana relieved

Joyous mind again

I thank the universe, bow my head, and whisper

Namaste . . .

Click To View Video

Books by E. Denise Billups 22

Copyright by E. Denise Billups Copyright Icon

Art: Courtesy of Pinterest

19 Comments Add yours

1. Simon says:

That trapped feeling is very real… I loved how you made this feel.

Liked by 2 people

1. Aww! Breathing is so important. We as people, don’t do it correctly, and not enough when we’re anxious. Thanks Simon 🙂

Liked by 2 people

1. Simon says:

I’ve heard this before… It seems strange to need to teach breathing. Always a pleasure 😊

Liked by 1 person

2. Hahaha! Does sound strange given we breathe automatically every day. I won’t bore you with details of the correct way to do so. 😊

3. Simon says:

Who says it’s boring? 😝

4. 😀 okay long winded.

5. Simon says:

Hehe… No pun intended eh?

2. Simon says:

I like the video too – I must pick you brains on how to do that.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you! Any time Simon. I’ve become a fan of iMovie for book trailers. I was using PowerPoint which required too much work. But if you own an iPad, iMAC, or iPhone, you can download iMovie. Very easy to use.

1. Simon says:

Lol… That’s ironic. I have nothing Apple lol

Liked by 1 person

2. Darn! Well there are other great softwares for video making and then there’s the good old windows media movie maker and PowerPoint.

3. Simon says:

Ill look into them… Thanks for the pointers 😊

Liked by 1 person

3. This is gorgeous. Thanks! Really lovely to connect with you, glad you visited my blog. 🙂 Blessings and joy to you — Debbie

1. Thanks, Debbie! It’s always good to discover another great blog. I look forward to following your site! 🙂

4. careerdoover says:

Your writing is amazing. So beautifully captured.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you! Writing poems is new to me, but I’m find daily prompts challenging and extremely fun! 🙂